Its only been a few weeks since we found out about our infertility. I have cried every single day since then. Not all day every day, but some part of each day. We haven't told many people yet. S told his brother-in-law (J) since J and his wife (A, S's sister) went through fertility issues as well. Through fertility treatments they were able to get pregnant and had our adorable nephew Jr. in August of this year. He also told his mom, due to the fact his stepfather had some strong opinions on the matter with J&A. We have not told any of my family yet, and I would like to wait until we know more before we do. I honestly don't know if S has told any of his friends, I haven't brought it up with him.
Unfortunately, I have a big mouth and told a few girls at work. They all knew we were going in for testing (we have been pretty open about that to everyone, another thing I am regretting) and the day after we got the results someone at work asked me about it and I just started crying. Not good to cry at work, very embarrassing. So then I felt I had to tell her. And then next person who asked. Of course there were a few other people around so they all know too. The next week at work I was feeling sad and someone just asked me if I was okay n the break room and I started crying (in front of about 8 people, awesome). That makes two times within a week I have cried at work. I hate crying in front of anyone other than S, so this is very embarrassing to me. I just told them I was having a bad day but later that night came clean to a friend and other girl I am closer to. This means I have told about 7 or 8 of my coworkers. But the gossip mill is strong where I work. I have been off for 7 nights and I am sure it has spread to everyone by now.
I feel horrible because I am not sure that S wants people to know. He rarely sees anyone I work with so it won't really be a problem but I feel guilty. I wish I would have just told everyone we were having troubles and not given anyone the specifics. From now on I will try to censor myself more. I think I just needed someone, anyone to talk to and a hug because it was all so raw. It still is. S isn't really talking about it much, and I don't want to make him feel bad by constantly bringing it up because he feels like its all his fault.
Now I just have to figure out how to get through work without crying...
No comments:
Post a Comment