Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Standing still

Right now we are in limbo. I feel like we are standing still. We are waiting to have S see the urologist until after the new year when he goes to night shift, that way he hopefully won't have to miss any more work because of all this. Which means right now there is not much we can do. With the current results we have, according to my google research (lol) we have .2% chance of conceiving naturally so we have given up trying like we were.

I had been charting my basal body temperature daily and using OPKs to detect my ovulation every month for the past year. Now those things seem pointless. It would truly be a miracle if we got pregnant on our own, no matter how perfect our timing. I hate to say it though, but it is somewhat of a relief to not have to worry about temping and OPKs anymore.

I started S on a vitamin regimen just to be doing something.  He's on a multi, zinc, vit. E, vit. B12, selenium, and saw palmetto. Poor guy is taking 9 pills a day now and I want to add a couple more if I can find them (L-carnitine and maca). Unfortunately, it takes around 70 days to see any difference in the SA after any kind of intervention so we won't know if any of it is working for a while.  

I just wish the process could move more quickly. It will probably be a couple months from now before S can even get into the urologist, then all the testing that will have to be done on him will probably take a couple more months. Then we will need to see the fertility doctors and they will need to do some testing on me as well to make sure there are no problems with me too. After all the testing is done, then we have the actual IVF process which will be at least a month. And that is only if we can afford to do the IVF right away.  I am not sure yet how much my insurance will cover, if anything, and if they do cover it, I don't know if they will make us try IUI first, which would prolong the process even more.

Knowing all this and how long and drawn out the process can be, right now I am hoping to be pregnant by the end of 2011. That gives us a year, and I hope to God it doesn't take that long but I am trying to be realistic with a side of optimistic.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment