I'm sure you all have given up on me but we are finally moving forward. I am so nervous and excited!
Last Monday we had pre-IVF labs drawn and they all came back fine. They did forget to draw my rubella so I had to have that drawn today, but the only thing that might do is make me have to get the rubella vaccine (which might push things back a few weeks or so, so hopefully I am immune!).
Today I had my SHG (sonohysterogram). It wasn't too bad, just some cramping. While we were there we were finally able to catch the woman who deals with all the insurance and have our meeting with her. We had been trying to get ahold of her for a couple weeks but due to the holidays and everything, she was unavailable. Thankfully she was able to see us today. And she gave us great news, we won't be paying out of pocket as much as I had suspected. My insurance will cover some of the ultrasounds and tests, and possibly all or most of the medications. This saves us several thousand dollars, so we couldn't be happier.
The next step is the class we have to take to learn our protocol and calendar. We have that scheduled for two weeks from now. Once we have taken the class we will be able to start our IVF cycle once my period starts. Which should be around the beginning of February.
This is really happening. We might end 2012 with a baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment