This morning we met with Dr Y at the fertility clinic in town. It went fairly well, luckily we were pretty sure what he was going to say so nothing came as a shock to us. He is doing one more hormonal test on S and if that comes back abnormal there is medication he can take to try and fix it. If it comes back normal then we are looking at IVF with ICSI as our only option. He also said we might need to consider using testicular sperm depending on how things look when the time comes. That is a surgery for S, and although he is willing to do it I don't want to unless we have to. He also talked about the option of donor sperm but we told him we want exhaust all other options first.
We should have the test results on Thursday. I am praying it comes back abnormal and the medication can fix the problem. Otherwise we are officially labeled unexplained MFI and on to saving money like crazy so we can do IVF.
I am pretty proud to say I didn't cry at this appointment! :)
I'm so glad to hear that your appointment went pretty well, but I'm sorry that your options are so expensive. It would be great if you find something wrong that can be easily fixed with medication. I think unexplained IF is the worst diagnosis because there's no way to fix it because they don't know what it is. I'm crossing my fingers for you.
ReplyDelete