We got our first bill from the urologist this week. First of many, since everything we have done so far has been denied by his insurance. I know all this testing is necessary but I almost want to just skip it and go straight to IVF. I feel like there is going to be nothing we can do to change our diagnosis so why bother? I guess I am just being pessimistic. Maybe they will find something that is fixable and we won't have to go through IVF. I refuse to get my hopes up. Even though no one has officially said it yet, I am currently believing that IVF will be our only option. S seems to be still holding out hope that they will find an answer for us. He had more testing done today. The financial worker at Dr M's office called and said they cleared it with his insurance, but I am still worried about it because I know they are expensive tests. We won't have the results for a while because they need to be sent out to a different lab.
In other news, we are planning a mini vacation to Vegas this summer! We plan to wait until after that to pursue IVF so we can both fully enjoy it. One last good time before we are completely broke. It also gives me 5 more months to lose weight before then, in addition to the 15 pounds I have lost so far. Its nice to have something to look forward to for once.
My hubby has MFI too and I've been feeling in my gut that we'll have to do some type of treatments too. He went for his 3rd SA today and we have our follow up appointment with the urologist in 2 weeks where he will "recommend" some possible next steps. Best of luck on your journey - and Vegas sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteThe bills really seem to add insult to injury don't they... Hopefully, the insurance will pick up the new tests like they said they would!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your trip! I hope it gives you a chance to get away and focus on some FUN!