Well, the good news is that I am making progress with my weight loss. I have lost 31 pounds and my BMI is officially below 40, which is where I need to be for IVF. My goal is to have a BMI below 30 by the time we would do it and I have 56 more pounds to go to hit that point (yikes, I know!). But since we need to save money I have plenty of time to do it in.
S and I talked more today and currently we are leaning more toward waiting to do IVF. I expressed my concerns to him about him just wanting to do what I want and he assured me that is not it. His main concern is the money issue. We are thinking of maybe saving up for half and financing the rest. His insurance is great (once pregnant) so once I get pregnant we only will have to pay a few small copays and the rest is completely covered, including the hospital stay, so we would be able to pay back whatever we had financed pretty quickly during that time.
He is afraid if we do donor sperm now and save up for an IVF in a couple years that we won't want to take that financial risk once we have a child. I can completely see his point in that. Especially since I want to go part time once we have a baby. We will only try IVF once though, if it doesn't work then we will definitely move on to donor sperm.
We haven't made a sure decision yet, but we are thinking about the options. This is all so hard!
Congrats on the weight loss! IF is just hard in general - it stinks that anyone has to face these types of decisions.
ReplyDelete