Since its New Year's Day I figured I would write about my goals for the year. I have two major goals for the year and both relate back to us trying to get pregnant.
Goal #1: To exercise and eat better
I have a lot of weight to lose. Considering the fact that we will probably have to do IVF to get me pregnant, I would like to be as healthy as possible when that occurs. I figure it will be several months before IVF is even a possibility so that will give me time to jump start my weight loss. I don't feel comfortable posting my actual weight, but my overall goal is to eventually lose 100 pounds. I will be happy with any loss though, because that will mean I am that much more healthy. S also needs to lose weight, and so we are going to work on this goal together. I am hoping that will make it easier for me.
Our plan: No more junk food in the house and watching our portions. S's downfall is chocolate and portions that are too large. My downfall is chips and snacking all day. I am going to use the Weight Watchers calculator on my phone and start counting points again. I lost 15 pounds this past summer doing that, so I know it works for me if I would just stick with it. I have since gained all that weight back. We also plan to start working out more. Since S will be on the same shift as me we plan to workout together when we get off work in the mornings.
Goal #2: To pay off our debt
We have a good chunk of credit card debt and two vehicle payments I am hoping to have paid off by the end of the year. If everything goes according to plan we should have the majority of the credit card debt paid off by May. Once that is all paid off we can start saving for IVF. I am not sure how much my insurance will pay toward IVF but I know we will need some savings. I really want our debt paid off before then though. It will be such a load off my mind having that paid off.
Our Plan: S gets a bonus in a couple weeks that will go toward two of the larger credit cards. I also hope to put $1K in savings so we have a little cushion if needed. I am doubtful that S's insurance will pay for much of his testing so we will need cash set aside for that. I am hoping our tax refund is about the same as last year and we will put that toward debt. S has another bonus coming in April and we hope to put our fence in with that and the remainder will go toward debt. In addition to those things, we put about $750-$1000 toward debt each month from our regular earnings. My car should be paid off by August and hopefully S's truck will be paid off by the end of the year. We are planning on getting another vehicle at the beginning of next year so it will be nice to have our other two paid off before that happens.
These goals will give me something to obsess over besides our IF, so that will be a nice change of pace :)
No comments:
Post a Comment